Negotiations Skills: Strategies for Increased Effectiveness - Online Course
Information on participation via ZOOM.
Negotiations are an integral component of work life. In this one day negotiation training program, professionals of all levels gain negotiation skills for use in any career. You practice tactics with fellow participants in a variety of situations. We explore how real-world challenges can be solved through enhanced negotiation abilities.
What you will learn:
• How to evaluate your current negotiation approaches and develop new frameworks.
• How to identify what information you need to negotiate effectively.
• Key negotiation concepts of evaluating alternatives, interests, and parties, and how to convert opponents into partners.
• An appreciation for the difference between value claiming and value creating and how to “enlarge the pie”.
• Personal negotiation styles.
• Understanding alternatives and when to walk away from a dea.l
• The importance of relationships in negotiations.
• The challenge of transforming competition into cooperation.
• Dealing with emotional and irrational situations.
• Building coalitions and getting around opposing parties.
• Hidden biases and other psychological factors in negotiations.
Who should enroll:
Anyone who negotiates with other employees or external parties and wants to learn how to work better with others. Professionals at all levels benefit from this program.
Diana Buttu is a lawyer specializing in negotiations, international law and international human rights law. Early in her career, Ms Buttu worked as a negotiator on the Israeli-Palestinian negotiations, serving as the only female negotiator during her five year tenure. Ms Buttu was a fellow at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government and at Harvard Law School. She also held a fellowship at the Stanford Center for Conflict Resolution and Negotiation. Ms Buttu holds a BA from the University of Toronto, a JD from Queen's University in Canada, an LLM from the University of Toronto, a JSM from Stanford University and an executive MBA from Kellogg Northwestern School of Management.
Viðtal við Diana Buttu í MAN tímaritinu í nóvember 2017 .
This is an online course delivered through Zoom. Participants need to have an access to a computer, internet, webcam and microphone to participate. It's recommended to use Chrome or Firefox browser. Participants will receive an invite to the Zoom online meeting via email along with instructions.
Átt þú rétt á styrk frá þínu stéttarfélagi til að sækja námskeið eða nám?
Kannaðu málið HÉR.
Interesting seminar. Thank you very much for a constructing lessons.
Great experience, thanks alot. Keep coming to Iceland.
Thanks for a great class! Eye opening exercises.
This has been one of few seminars where I truly feel that I have improved myself instantly. Very practical and great to see complex situations being solved so simply. Keep getting extraordinary teachers from abroad!