Course material, a light lunch and refreshments are included in the course fee.
In cooperation with Global Knowledge Denmark
This course is an introduction to DevOps. The course emphasizes communication, collaboration, integration, and automation to improve the workflow between developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows lead to more opportunities to design software and services in a more agile fashion which can only be good for customers.
This course (based on the DevOps Institute syllabus) is intended as a basis for discovering the most important DevOps concepts and to understand the principles and methods behind this. The course will leave you with the inspiration to be the advocate of change; the idea is that what you have learned about DevOps - and continue to learn – is shared with others so that you can guide them.
No previous knowledge of DevOps is required.
The course is followed by an examination leading to the award of the DevOps Institute "DevOps Foundation Certificate". The exam will take place on the last day of the course. Note that the exam is excluded in the course price - further information about the exam here.
• Why DevOps?
• What is DevOps?
• DevOps and other frameworks.
• DevOps culture.
• DevOps methods.
• Methods for DevOps automation.
• Exam requirements and weighing.
• Tips for the exam.
• Sample exam.
What you will learn:
After completing the course, students are familiar with the following aspects of DevOps:
• Objectives and concepts.
• Company benefits.
• Performance criteria and results in the real world.
• DevOps principles.
• Concepts and methods (including the relationship between Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM).
• Cultural and organizational considerations.
• Methods of communication and collaboration.
• Methods for automation and technology factors.
• Considerations when changing.
• Challenges, risks and critical success factors.
More detailed course outline here.
Who should enrol:
The course is aimed at:
• Those engaged in IT development, IT operations and IT service management.
• Individuals wishing to have detailed understanding of the principles of DevOps.
• IT professionals working in an Agile environment or will do, and who need a detailed understanding of the interaction between Agile and DevOps.
• Individuals who want to understand the cultural changes DevOps entails.
Duncan Anderson has been a Best Practice Training Consultant at Global Knowledge UK from the year 2009. Duncan was selected itSMF ITIL® Trainer of the Year at the itSMF conference in London in 2012. He first encountered ITIL® (IT Infrastructure Library) whilst managing branch technology for an insurance company in the 1990s. He joined the training industry in 1998 and has undertaken a number of roles and delivered courses in all sectors worldwide.
Further information on LinkedIn.
The course is followed by an examination leading to the award of the DevOps Institute "DevOps Foundation Certificate".
Further information about the exam and registration.